Claudia Alende is a Brazilian model and businesswoman whom you may recognize for her incredible resemblance to Megan Fox. In 2014, Alende participated in the Miss Bumbum and finished as runner-up, losing to Indianara Carvalho. She then found fame online as a Megan Fox look-alike, but has since taken the social media site by storm. The Brazilian model is followed by almost 8 million people on Instagram and has made millions from her career as a lingerie model.
We recently had the opportunity to speak with Claudia and ask her about her tremendous success. Here are the questions we asked and the answers we received!
Claudia, thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions. Let’s start with your background. Where you grew up? What was the family like? Etc etc. What you want to share.
I was born in Francisco Beltrão, Brazil to parents of Italian descent, where I finally opened a clothing store. I moved to São Paulo at age 20, where I started my modeling career.
1. Rose to fame for the first time after being a finalist in the Miss Bumbum pageant. What kinds of opportunities did you see after that?
Miss Bumbum was in 2014. Then I worked in some television programs in Brazil and did some advertising campaigns.
2. Tell us about your experience as a Megan Fox lookalike. Is it something you still use in your career or have you gotten over it?
This started when I was 17 years old. Someone commented on my Facebook page about it. At first I did not give it much importance, but at 21 I started working on television and advertising campaigns, so I gained visibility. At that point, Megan Fox’s comments started to be more frequent on my social media pages and literally overnight, everyone was talking about it. From Cosmopolitan to TMZ there was a lot of coverage. It definitely helped at first, but today I’ve gotten over it and want to be recognized as “Claudia” and my own career.
3. You have almost 8 million followers on Instagram. How do you think you got so many followers?
It seems like it was easy but it wasn’t. They took more than 2 years to arrive. It was a mix of effort and time invested in it. Things that helped: my modeling career, Miss Bumbum, TV show appearances, Megan Fox resemblance, big media that literally “adopted” me by publishing interviews and stories about me and my career, good partnerships with big companies, etc. . I never stopped working on the page and trying to keep my audience on their toes with new content every day.
4. It seems that your main income is as a lingerie model. Tell readers a few things that people may not know about this business.
My main income comes from social media advertising campaigns, but I also earn a living doing lingerie, fitness and fashion campaigns.
5. Do you have other sources of income or businesses that interest you?
I have a clothing store in my hometown. Other streams are my website with ads and I manage other models who work as an agent. I am interested in a career in music and real estate, which I plan to pursue in 2017.
6. What are some of the most important business lessons you have learned in your career?
- Don’t have a single source of income.
- Have a plan A, B and C. You don’t know the future.
- Don’t stress over disgruntled customers who prove they are wrong, that they are not your ideal customer.
- Observe the strategies of the other players in your business field.
- If you want to be successful, watch and surround yourself with people who have been successful and make great connections.
7. What advice would you give to other people trying to achieve success?
Do not give up, no one can beat those who do not give up, persist, chase your dreams, even when people around you tell you that you will not succeed, you need to believe in yourself. At first when I decided not to go to university as my family wanted and like all my friends to pursue my dreams in the artistic field as a model, they all thought I was crazy and that I would not achieve it, but I believed that I would achieve it. So much so that I moved to São Paulo against my family’s wishes and began to pursue my dreams.
8. What motivates you to get up every day and work hard?
Success, reaching the top spot in my field and seeing all the struggle I had and how to work hard every day is the only way to get there.
9. Where do you see yourself in, say, 5-10 years?
Being one of the biggest names in my field.
10. What do you think are your greatest achievements in your life, career, or both?
In both I have an incredible life surrounded by good people and a prosperous career. …