2020 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic and Classic LT
Kawasaki gets double duty from the Vulcan 900 Classic, offering a standard cruiser version, in addition to a tour-ready Vulcan 900 Classic LT.
The 2020 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT takes the standard Classic and adds saddlebags, a passenger backrest, and an adjustable windshield for $ 1,000, making it a light cruiser bargain for $ 8,999.
The two 2020 Vulcan 900 Classics share the same basic motorcycle platform. That means you get a full-life 903cc oversquare V-twin with SOHC, four-valve cylinder heads that produce an impressive 58 ft.-lbs of torque at just 3,500 rpm. The five-speed transmission works with the 900’s wide powerband, and the Positive Neutral Seeker is appreciated by beginners and veterans alike when looking for neutral at a stop.
To keep the seat height below 27 inches, there is a 16-inch tire at the front and a 15-inch tire at the rear. Dunlop D404 tires do a great job, and the standard Classic gets sleek white walls.
With a 32-degree camber and wide 5.9-inch travel, plus chunky tires: 130 up front; 180 rear: The Vulcan 900 Classic is rock stable and the Vulcan 900 Classic LT has the necessary stability at high speed.
The windshield on the LT provides plenty of protection and the passenger will love the backrest. The bags are not huge, although they are good for weekend getaways.
In the city, the Vulcan 900 Classic has a lot of street style and looks like a bigger motorcycle than it really is. With that low seat height and a curb weight of just 620 pounds, it’s a versatile city bike.
Vulcan 900 Classic and Classic LT 2020 Specifications
- Type: V-twin
- Displacement: 903cc
- Bore x stroke: 88.0 x 74.2 mm
- Maximum torque: 58 ft / lbs at 3500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 9.5: 1
- Valve train: SOHC; 4vpc
- Power: EFI with dual 34mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Transmission: 5-speed with positive neutral finder
- Final drive: belt
- Front suspension; travel: 41mm non-adjustable fork; 5.9 inch
- Rear suspension; travel: link assisted crash; 4.1 inch
- Tires: Dunlop D404
- Front tire: 130/90 x 16
- Rear tire: 180/80 x 15
- Front brake: 300mm disc with 2-piston caliper
- Rear brake: 270mm disc
- ABS: None
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 64.8 inches
- Rake: 32 degrees
- Trail: 5.9 inches
- Seat Height: 26.8 inches
- Fuel capacity: 5.3 gallons
- Curb weight: 620 pounds (LT: 657 pounds)
- 2020 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic – Phantom Blue / Pearl Blizzard White
- 2020 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT: Ghost Silver Metallic / Charcoal Gray Metallic
- 2020 Vulcan 900 Classic: $ 7999
- 2020 Vulcan 900 Classic LT: $ 8,999