The VQ35DE (V4Y) features a lightweight aluminum block with a fully balanced four bearing crankshaft and two aluminum cylinder heads with two overhead camshafts (DOHC) and four valves per cylinder. The Nissan VQ35DE engine is equipped with a CVTC system on the intake valves, Multi-Point Fuel Injection (MPFI) and NDIS (Nissan Direct Ignition System) with individual coils on each spark plug.
The cylinder bore and piston stroke are 95.5 mm (3.76 in.) And 81.4 mm (3.20 in.), Respectively. Compression ratio ratings are various: 10.0: 1 or 10.3: 1 in earlier versions, 10.6: 1 in later versions.
The Nissan VQ35DE engine produces from 231 PS (170 kW, 228 HP) to 315 PS (232 kW, 311 HP) of peak power and 334 to 371 Nm (34.0 to 37.8 kg⋅m, 246 to 274 lb⋅ ft) of torque depending on the year and model of the vehicle.
- VQ35DE S1 This version was produced by Nismo for the Fairlady Z S-Tune GT and produces 300 PS (220 kW, 300 HP) at 7200 rpm.
- VQ35DE Rev-up This engine was produced for the Nissan 350Z 35th Anniversary Edition and used in some versions of the Infiniti G35. The Rev-up engine has a Variable Valve Timing (CVTC) system on the intake and exhaust camshafts (eVTC), short intake manifold, enlarged oil pump gear, and camshafts with a duration of 248 ° on the intake and exhaust sides. The valve lift is 10.59mm for both sides.
- In 2006, Nissan Technical Center Europe (NTCE) introduced the 350Z GT-S. The Nissan 350Z GT-S was equipped with the VQ35DE engine with radial flow supercharger. It raises maximum power to 388 PS (285 kW, 383 HP) and 425 Nm (43.3 kg⋅m, 313.3 lb⋅ft) with no modifications to engine components.
The engine code breakdown is as follows:
- VQ – Engine family
- 35 – 3.5 liter displacement
- D – DOHC (double overhead camshaft)
- me – Multi-point fuel injection
|Engine code||VQ35DE / V4Y|
|Design||Four stroke, V6|
|Fuel type||Gasoline (gasoline)|
|Displacement||3.5 L, 3,498 cc (213.45 cu in)|
|Fuel system||Multipoint Sequential Fuel Injection (MPFI)|
231 PS (170 kW, 228 HP) at 315 PS (232 kW, 311 HP) at 5600-6400 rpm
334 to 371 Nm (34.0 to 37.8 kg⋅m, 246 to 274 lbft) at 3500-4800 rpm
|Order to open fire||1-2-3-4-5-6|
|Dimensions (L x W x H):||–|
|Weight||313 lbs (142 kg)|
The VQ35DE-V4Y has an aluminum cylinder block with a four-bearing crankshaft support system, forged steel connecting rods, and a micro-finished one-piece forged crankshaft. The diameter of the crankshaft journal is 60 mm (2.36 in.), The diameter of the crankpin is 52 mm (2.04 in.).
Cylinder bore is 95.5 mm (3.760 in), piston stroke is 81.4 (3.205 in) mm, and compression ratio is 10.0: 1, 10.3: 1, or 10 , 6: 1. The Nissan VQ35DE engine has two compression rings and one oil control ring. Crank length is 144.2 mm (5.66 in)
|Cylinder Block Alloy||Aluminum|
10.0: 1, 10.3: 1, 10.6: 1
|Cylinder bore:||95.5 mm (3.760 inches)|
|Piston stroke:||81.4 mm (3.205 inches)|
|Number of piston rings (compression / oil):||2/1|
|Number of main bearings:||4|
|Cylinder bore (standard):||95.500-95.510 mm (3.7598-3.7602 inches)|
|Piston Skirt Diameter (Standard):||95.480-95.490 mm (3.7590-3.7594 inches)|
|Piston compression height:||30.1 mm (1.1850 inches)|
|Piston Pin Outside Diameter:||21.989-21.995 mm (0.8657-0.8659 inches)|
|Connecting rod bushing inner diameter:||22.000-22.006 mm (0.8661-0.8664 inch)|
|Connecting Rod Big End Diameter:||55,000 mm (2.1654 inches)|
|Connecting rod center distance:||144.15-144.25 mm (5.68-5.68 inches)|
|Diameter of main crankshaft journal:||59.975 mm (2.3612 inches)|
|Crankpin diameter:||51.974 mm (2.0462 inches)|
|Crankshaft Center Distance:||40.36-40.44 mm (1.5890-1.5921 inches)|