The biotechnology (biological technology) combines and applies science and technology in living organisms.
The biotechnology is an integrative discipline that brings together a number of disciplines that study living things with the aim of deepening knowledge and obtaining goods and services using various genetic engineering techniques, for example to transfer genes from one organism to another.
In recent years, biotechnology has reached its potential through the development of modern techniques of molecular, cellular and genetic biology (a science that studies heredity, i.e. the transmission of the characters that a living being passes on to its offspring) combined with engineering and is also supplemented by knowledge in the areas of bioinformatics, bioethics, legislation, economics and administration.
After 3 years of study, the biotechnology career gives (partially) the interim degree of Senior Technician in Chemistry and Biotechnology and the final title of Study of biotechnology, Degree in biotechnology, or with a double degree as in the case of the Bachelor in Biotechnology and Molecular Biology. In Spanish-speaking countries, the course is usually held in Spanish and some curricula include subjects in English (especially for the use of specific terminology). At most universities, the Faculty of Science or Biology is the faculty that dictates this career path.
Professional Objectives Biotechnology Technology
- The goal of a biotechnology career is generally to train college staff with a solid understanding of the biological sciences and molecular biology techniques to carry out biotechnology projects.
- Prepare academic leaders with technical skills and tools to develop knowledge-based processes. Biotechnology professionals use biology to improve people’s quality of life.
- Encourage professionals with a scientific profile and the ability to experimentally design, apply science and technology with an integrating vision of industrial-scale processes.
- To train specialists with integrative skills and solid knowledge in experimental working methods, application of living organisms and production processes.
- Encourage professionals with a solid scientific and technological background who focus on biological studies and production.
Motivated student with a keen interest in scientific and technological applications.
The biotechnology graduate must have the …