The career of dentistry is focused on providing oral care and patient improvement service.
The study of dentistry aims to train professionals capable of treating patients with oral ailments or emergencies, preventing discomfort during rehabilitation and providing services in clinical spaces and public or private hospitals. With his knowledge, he analyzes the patient’s oral health in order to detect bacteria and tooth decay, among other things.
The dentist uses various methods to support and intervene the patient, uses a variety of resources during the process, performs teeth cleaning, performs whitening, accompanies emergencies, and performs surgical extractions such as wisdom teeth. He can do his work as a self-employed person by visiting his own office and is constantly motivated to apply his knowledge and to add new ones to innovations in the health sector.
The degree requires several years of study and practice prior to attaining the degree, imparting knowledge for research and attending oral health conferences, and being able to teach at universities. The curriculum is geared towards people who value aesthetics, have a high level of coordination and manual skills, have an orderly and detailed character and feel comfortable in the care and attention of patients.
advantages and disadvantages
The advantage To study dentistry are:
- Opportunity to work in the public or private sector.
- Opportunity to set up your own office and care for patients independently.
- Good economic reward.
- Help patients in emergencies.
- It is a career that enables you to apply skills and knowledge all the time.
The disadvantage of the career are:
- Broad job competition.
- It takes a lot of reading.
- It requires constant practice before you graduate.
- The material resources for patient care are expensive.
- Broad time window for participating in emergencies.