Employment for citizens of the European Union
If you are Citizens of the European Union, from the member states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and Switzerland, you have free access to the Spanish labor market with the same rights.
You can stay in the country for three months to look for work or to become self-employed, after which you have to register in the central register of foreigners and you will receive a registration certificate if you meet one of the following requirements:
- Do you work in Spain for someone else or for your own account?
- Do you have sufficient financial means for yourself and your family and you have health insurance.
- If you are a student enrolled at a recognized center, you have sufficient financial means for yourself and your family and you have health insurance.
For the citizens of the European Union there is EURES network, the European portal for job mobility. This portal offers users (whether job applicants or employers) various resources to facilitate labor mobility for people from Member States of the European Union. The main services on this page are:
- A job seeker in the different EU countries.
- A private area to create the résumé and manage the applications.
- Interesting information about the lifestyle and the job market in the different countries.
- A search engine for learning opportunities in different countries.
In addition, Eures offers the mobility program “Your First Your Job”, which is aimed at young people between the ages of 18 and 35 who travel abroad to work or who would like to complete an internship or training for at least 6 months.
Aside from the website, Eures also has a wide network of more than 850 advisors in the different countries that you can turn to for advice on working abroad.
Employment for non-EU citizens
If you are Citizens of countries that are not part of the European Union, you have different access conditions to the Spanish labor market.
To be able to work in Spain you must be in possession of one Residence and work visas. A number of requirements must be met for the residence and work permit:
- That the national employment situation permits a recruitment or that the employer can prove the difficulty of recruiting this profession by means of a certificate from the Public Employment Service.
- That the employer is registered …