Thanking the bus driver in Fortnite it became something of a joke on players for some time, until it was finally introduced as a fun little feature in 2018.
It’s pretty simple to do, but if you’re wondering, this page explains how to thank the bus driver in Fortnite on all platforms, so you can be the polite and respectful citizen that we know you to be.
How to thank the bus driver in Fortnite on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Mobile explained
Fortunately it is simple! To thank the bus driver, you just need to press any button that shows you the Emotes wheel on your current platform, and of course you should still be inside the battle bus.
You’ll see people doing it from the moment you get on the bus, which looks like this:
Here’s a rundown of all the different entries for the various platforms.
How to thank the bus driver in Fortnite on all platforms:
- Thanks to the bus driver PC – Press ‘B’ on the keyboard while inside the battle bus.
- Thanks to the PS4 bus driver – Press ‘Down’ on the D-pad while inside the Battle Bus.
- Thanks to the Xbox One Bus Driver – Press ‘Down’ on the D-pad while inside the Battle Bus.
- Thanks to the Nintendo Switch bus driver – Press ‘Down’ on the D-pad while inside the Battle Bus.
- Thanks to the bus driver Mobile and tablets – Press the ‘Emote’ button in the upper right corner of the screen while inside the Battle Bus.
The new season has arrived! Check out the Fortnite Season 6 Battle Pass skins, the new Fortnite map changes, and the Victory Umbrella. Recent additions include flying with chickens, raptors, and the hunter’s cloak.
Here is the small on-screen dialog you will see to confirm that you have successfully thanked the bus driver:
When done, you will notice that the name will appear in orange instead of red in the lower left corner. Note that the above controls will be different if you have reassigned the button for ‘Emotes’ at any time; Either way, it’s the same as the Emote button in the game!
And that is! It’s pretty simple then, but be sure to check out the latest Fortnite challenges if you’re looking for some in-game tasks a little more complex (and rewarding) than this one!