An actuary is a person with extensive knowledge of mathematics and statistics. Its main function is to analyze economic risks and find the probabilities that certain situations will arise. Companies that have actuaries on their staff turn to them for ongoing advice before they make important decisions.
As actuaries, we can anticipate events that have to do with financial scenarios in the public or private sector. The analysis of statistical data is one of the measures that enables our function and allows us to build business models according to the characteristics of the company in which we are located.
How do I know that this job is for me?
The actuary career is for people who want to understand the beyond of an outcome. For those who, after achieving an outcome, need to understand how it could be achieved. Actuaries are proactive people and are familiar with math.
In which sectors does the activity of an actuary take place?
Employee actuarial activities are carried out in life insurance companies, health care organizations, national security organizations, credit and investment companies, banks, and credit and savings companies. In addition, there are actuarial advisors who work for a variety of insurance companies and in investment management.
What activities does an actuary have?
The actuary analyzes situations based on the collected data to create mathematical models and make financial proposals. Every event that can create a risk is related to the actuary, who has the ability to gauge the possible future of a company, mainly an insurance company.
An Acturio can work in:
- Private companies or financial services and risk management brokers;
- Public or government institutions;
- Warehouses, factoring and finance companies;
- National or international financial institutions;
- Insurance companies or insurance companies,
- Stock exchanges or brokerage houses;
- Private or public universities as researchers or teachers;
- Self-employed, freelance or independent professional.
Advantages and disadvantages of studying actuaries
- The race offers exclusivity because very few are received, apart from the fact that more and more people are realizing lately that it will be very useful in the future.
- Broad job opportunities with good pay.
- New knowledge about the possibilities of investing to make our own …