If you have enough courage to start the new year learning something new, the web can always help you with that. At Genbeta we give you the other by compiling this list with three dozen free courses that you can take from home and start in January to develop a skill that interests you.
They are all courses on the edX platform, they are completely free, but you need to register on the site and create a user account. Everyone These courses are in Spanish and offered by universities and prestigious educational institutions in Spain and Latin America.
- Excel: Fundamentals and tools: an introductory course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia to Microsoft Office Excel. You will learn to carry out all kinds of operations with data, being able to classify and handle large amounts of them.
- Intermediate Word: formatting and productivity tools: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia with which you will learn to increase your performance and productivity using Microsoft Word, thoroughly reviewing its different options and focusing on the tool’s functionalities that are not intuitive.
- Design effective presentations with Powerpoint: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn the bases to make an effective presentation that reaches your audience, you will know what images and other Internet resources you can use for it without infringing any intellectual property and you will learn to use the basic functions of the Microsoft Powerpoint program to make this presentation.
- Advanced Excel: data import and analysis: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn advanced data import techniques and various strategies to consolidate and prepare them once imported.
- Excel: data management: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will deepen the techniques and tools for the treatment, management and analysis of data that you can use in Microsoft Excel, such as data grouping, and the use of tables and dynamic graphics.
- Introduction to web application security: a course at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in which you will learn the main security practices to take into account in the web application development life cycle, identifying possible patterns of attacks that may occur and thus be able to create predictive patterns that prevent them.
- Program with Python: a course from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in which you will learn to develop your first programs in Python, a programming language that, due to its simplicity and possibilities, allows the creation of simple programs, quickly and agilely.
- Introduction to Software Engineering: a course at the Autonomous University of Madrid in which you will learn about the different phases of development that a computer project goes through, as well as the management activities necessary to successfully complete the project.
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals: a practical approach: a course from the Carlos III University of Madrid and the Inter-American Development Bank in which you will learn what the main existing cybersecurity threats are and how to protect yourself against them from a practical approach, in which you will provides the necessary material to better understand attacks and establish appropriate countermeasures.
- Programming for Everyone (Starting with Python) – A University of Michigan course to learn the basics of computer programming using Python. The course has no prerequisites and avoids everything but the simplest math. Anyone with moderate computer experience should be able to master the materials.
I’m not bad at math, I want to learn to program CAPTCHA 2×04
- Tools for Big Data Analysis: a course at Tecnológico de Monterrey in which you will learn about the tools for data processing, modeling, analysis, storage and access.
- Data Visualization and Storytelling: a course at Tecnológico de Monterrey in which you will learn what data visualization is, its uses; the elements that make it up and how to use it to support making the best decisions for companies based on data analysis.
- Introduction to data science and its applications: an IBM course in which you will meet some data science professionals who handle large amounts of data (Big Data) and you will get an overview of what data science is today .
- Machine learning and data science: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn to value and extract knowledge from data, using generic data analysis techniques and tools, and machine learning in particular.
- Internet of things (IoT) and Big Data: a course at the Universidad del Rosario in which you will learn to develop complete and scalable systems in IoT with the use of Big Data and thus enrich your professional profile with a global perspective, under one of the technologies in greatest demand today.
- Advanced Excel: data import and analysis: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn advanced techniques and strategies to import, consolidate and visualize data from any source with Excel.
- Introduction to R: a course from the Anáhuac University Network in which you will learn the basics of programming in R with a practical approach, one of the most widely used languages in data analysis, data science and artificial intelligence.
- Introduction to Data Science with Python: a course from the Anahuac University Network in which you will learn the general concepts of data science using the Python programming language. You will be able to collect content on the web, clean the data and prepare it for viewing and management.
- Visualizing data with Python: an IBM course in which you will learn how to take advantage of a software tool to visualize data that will also allow you to extract information, better understand the data and make more effective decisions.
Design, Art and Culture
- Adobe Illustrator: learn to create impactful presentations: a course from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in which you will learn to use the tools to make impactful presentations, with excellent layout and resources that will visually and content impact your interlocutors.
- Photoshop: a tool for innovative presentations: a course from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in which you will learn to create and obtain strong photographs for your high-impact presentations with the Adobe Photoshop program.
- Launch yourself into Innovation with Design Thinking: a course at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in which you will learn the methodology of creativity and innovation by Design Thinking through the FlipKit, a set of tools resulting from the experience of more than 10 years in creation and development of innovative and creative solutions.
- Fundamentals of documentary photography: a course at the Universidad del Rosario in which you will obtain theoretical and technical tools to use photography as part of an investigation in the social sciences, arts and humanities.
- Video editing and post-production with DaVinci Resolve: a course at the Carlos III University of Madrid in which you will carry out video montage practices with the free version of DaVinci Resolve, including graphic animations, color correction and sound effects.
- Videogames as a means of effective communication: a course at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in which you will learn from the cultural perspective of videogames as a means of communication, to analyze its nature, and see how some report social problems.
Business and finance
Negotiation skills and effective communication: a Tecnológico de Monterrey course in which you will learn to analyze the social perspective of a negotiation and its impact on successful agreements, as well as the risks of ignoring it or not knowing its applicability.
Leadership in the Digital Era: a course at Tecnológico de Monterrey in which you will learn generational leadership styles, leadership models and digital competencies, the principles of “Human-Centered Design”, and describe your degree of digital readiness ( digital readiness ).
Fundamentals of Blockchain Technology: a course from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in which you will learn about Bitcoin, blockchain technology, its operation, use cases and how it will change our lives.
Ecommerce and Last Mile Logistics: a LogycaX course in which you will learn about the concept of logistics ecommerce and its impact on the consumer, as well as the main challenges facing logistics ecommerce today and global trends.
Traceability: the key to logistics efficiency: a LogycaX course in which you will learn about the importance of a traceability system and how to start implementing it in organizations.