Thanks to the Mi Fit app you can create your own ‘Watch Faces’ or watch faces for the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 or Mi Band 5. Do you want to customize the bracelet to your liking? Well, you don’t need too much to get it, we teach you.
Thanks to the OLED screen of the latest Mi Band models, it is possible to change the look of the bracelet with fun covers, included in the Mi Fit application. In addition, Xiaomi allows the customization of the Mi Band 4 or Mi Band 5 thanks to the option to create your own spheres. And it is not complicated at all: in a few steps you will have your bracelet personalized with a style that only you will have.
Create a background that suits your style
Mi Fit allows the customization of the bracelet with five different styles of ‘Watch Face’ or watch face in the Mi Band 5 and with three styles in the Xiaomi Mi band 4. The format of these styles is rectangular in order to adapt to the ratio of the OLED screen on the recent Mi Band. Y you can choose the arrangement of the elements to adapt the style to your tastes.
The customization of the Xiaomi Mi Band is done from the Mi Fit app, on the phone. Photo watch faces, known as ‘Photo Watch Face’, allow you to create your own spheres with a basic, yet functional design. With a little skill it is possible to change the look of the Mi Band completely: choose the background well, cut it to the needs of the bracelet and adapt the elements to work the magic.
To customize the Mi Band you must do the following:
- Start by choosing the background that you will load into the custom ‘Watch Face’. Our advice is that you choose an image that looks good vertically and leaves room for the various elements of the watch (hour, minute, day or steps, it all depends on the style you choose).
- We have opted for an Engadget fund. We choose the style of ‘Photo Watch Face’ and adapt the elements of the background to leave space in the upper area for the time and in the lower area for the steps. Depending on the style you choose, you will have to modify the image to make it fit.
- You should crop the image to 120 x 240 pixels in the case of the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 and to 126 x 294 pixels if you have the Mi Band 5. Respect those ratios and the fund will be perfect.
- Save the resulting image and send it to the mobile where you have the Mi Fit app installed.
- Open the Mi Fit application and enter the options of your Xiaomi Mi Band 4 or 5.
- Go to ‘Store’.
- Choose the style of ‘Photo Watch Face’ you want. We stayed for number 2 on the Mi Band 5 and number 3 on the Mi Band 5.
- Select the color for the bracelet data (must contrast with the background or you will not see the time) and load the background you created with the bottom ‘+’.
- Now you will check how your background looks on the Mi Band 5: Mi Fit will load the preview. Make sure that the background and the elements of the bracelet fit well and do not overlap. If necessary, edit it again until it is perfect.
- Once the ‘Watch Face’ is perfect click on ‘Synchronize watch appearance‘and Mi Fit will charge the sphere on your Xiaomi Mi Band.
- The personalized dial is saved in the memory of the Mi Band: you can return to it from the bracelet settings.
The process can be a bit cumbersome, but it looks great with a little time and imagination. In case you don’t want to edit the background you can upload any image from your gallery to the bracelet: Try until you find the one you like best. And combine the different styles that Mi Fit offers you.