The Instagram Stories They have undoubtedly become one of the most striking parts of the social network, even being a relatively blatant copy of Snapchat, they have already reached 400 million users a day and continue to grow and add functions.
One of the funniest features of the stories are the animated GIFs that you can add to your photos or videos, for this you have to look for the GIF button within the app itself and you can search from a Giphy library of compatible GIFs. But It is possible to use any GIF from the web, both from iOS and Android with a little “trick”.
You need to install the Google keyboard (Gboard)
Gboard is available for both iOS and Android for free. Its installation is the simplest, and in many Android mobiles it is even the default keyboard. The process is a bit different between iOS and Android, but it is still simple.
- Open Instagram and select the option to start creating a Story.
- Choose the type of story, add your photo or video, or text.
- If it is text, first you need to write something, anything and then press the button to continue or you will not be able to add the GIF
- Click on the icon with the Google logo on your keyboard and select GIF from the options
- Search for the GIF using the keywords you want and tap to insert it
- You can repeat the process until you are tired
Pro tip for Instagram Stories
– Install Google’s Gboard app
– Start an Instagram Story
– Select text for Instagram Story
– Switch to Gboard keyboard
– Search for a GIF or image
– Select image or GIF to auto-copy to clipboard
– Tap text space on Instagram Story
– Hit paste! pic.twitter.com/OmzaR0rW0H
– Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) August 28, 2018
- Start Instagram Story
- Choose the option “text”
- Switch to the Gboard keyboard
- Search for a GIF or image
- Select the GIF to automatically copy it to the clipboard
- Long press on the text field within the story and select Paste
On iOS it also works if you copy a GIF from normal Google search and not from the keyboard. In addition, it also works with alternative keyboards such as Giphy or Swiftkey. On the other hand, on Android it is essential to have Gboard.
In Genbeta | Storrito allows you to schedule and edit Instagram stories from your browser
In Genbeta | How to have your own animated stickers for Instagram stories