Skip to content

OnePlus 8, characteristics, price and technical sheet

26 mayo, 2021

As planned, and after numerous leaks, OnePlus today presented its new generation of phones. As usual, the brand’s strategy is to announce two batches of terminals each year, the second of which, with the surname “T”.

On this occasion, it is the first launch of 2020, so they lack that “T” and are simply called OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. These two new models arrive to succeed, respectively, the OnepPlus 7T and 7T Pro that we met a few months ago; let’s see in detail the first of them, the OnePlus 8, which comes with the Snapdragon 865 and more battery, among other novelties with respect to its predecessor.

OnePlus 8 datasheet

ONEPLUS 8

SCREEN

Fluid AMOLED 6.55 inches (20: 9)

FullHD + resolution (2,400 x 1,080), 402 ppi

PROCESSOR

Snapdragon 865

GPU Adreno 650

RAM

8/12 GB LPDDR4X

STORAGE

128/256 GB UFS 3.0

SOFTWARE

Android 10 with Oxygen OS

REAR CAMERA

Main sensor: Sony IMX586, 48 MP, 0.8 um pixels, OIS + EIS, f / 1.75

Macro lens: 2 MP, 1.75um pixels, f / 2.4

Ultra wide: 16 MP, f / 2.2

Dual LED flash, PDAF + CAF, 2x zoom (digital)

4K 30 / 60fps video, 480fps (HD) slow motion, Time lapse, video editor

FRONTAL CAMERA

Sony IMX471, 16 MP, 1 um pixels, EIS, fixed focus, f / 2.0, 1080 video

DRUMS

4,300 mAh with Warp Charge 30T

CONNECTIVITY

5G NSA, 4G LTE Cat 18, WiFi 6 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, USB-C 3.1, Dual Nano SIM

OTHERS

On-screen fingerprint reader, face unlock

DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT

160.2 x 72.9 x 8 mm

180 g

PRICE

8GB / 128GB: 709 euros

12GB / 256GB: 809 euros

Slight screen and processor changes

Oneplus 8 Display

The OnePlus 8 maintains the 6.55-inch AMOLED screen with FullHD + resolution, HDR10 + support and a refresh rate of 90 Hz that we already saw in its predecessor. This panel also retains the integrated fingerprint reader, but replaces the drop-shaped notch with a hole in the upper left corner.

We pit the Snapdragon 865 against the Snapdragon 855: what has changed in the year 8K video arrived

Regarding the brain, the OnePlus 8 has made the logical leap of processor, so that it mounts the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 with the Adreno 650 GPU and the integrated X55 modem, which guarantees its compatibility with new generation 5G SA and NSA networks. That chipset comes accompanied by two LPDDR4X RAM options (8 and 12 GB) and two UFS 3.0 internal storage (128 and 256 GB).

Oneplus 8 Ports

As an operating system, it brings Android 10 with the latest version of the manufacturer’s customization layer (OxygenOS), and to feed itself, it has a 4,300 mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T fast charge. In this sense, the smart charging optimization stands out, which charges the phone up to 80% at night and leaves the remaining 20% ​​for last, just 1 hour before you wake up.

Regarding connectivity, in addition to the aforementioned 5G SA / NSA, the OnePlus 8 has the usual options in a terminal of this category, including 4G LTE Cat 18, WiFi 6 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC and Dual function Nano SIM. It is compatible with USB-C 3.1, but the cable it comes with is 2.0.

Goodbye telephoto, hello macro photography

Oneplus 8 Cameras

We now turn to talking about the photographic section, where the first thing that jumps out is that the OnePlus has opted for a vertical module to house the rear camera instead of the circular module that we saw in its predecessor.

All about mobile photography (3): the macro

That rear camera still has a triple setup and includes a 48 MP Sony IMX586 main sensor with 0.8 um pixels, f / 1.75 aperture and optical and electronic stabilizer (OIS + EIS). It is accompanied by a 16 MP f / 2.2 wide angle and, attention, a 2 MP f / 2.4 macro photography sensor that replaces the telephoto lens of the OnePlus 7T.

To all this, we must add a Dual LED flash, a 2x digital zoom and 4K video recording at 30 / 60fps with the option of 480fps (HD) slow motion and Time lapse. The front camera, meanwhile, mounts a 16 MP Sony IMX471 sensor with 1 um pixels, f / 2.0 aperture, fixed focus and 1080p video.

OnePlus 8 price and availability

Oneplus 8 Colors

The new OnePlus 8 is now available for your reservation from today, but it will go on sale next April 21. It comes in two memory-based configurations and two colors, Onyx black (black) and Glacial Green (green), as well as a special version called Interstellar Glow that will be released on May 4:

More information | Oneplus