Nowadays, any experience, knowledge or advice that we need to carry out a task or learn to expand our knowledge can be found simply by entering a few simple words in a search engine. All the knowledge we want is on the Internet, and there are more and more pages that are born with the intention of offering it to us in a simple and direct way.
Last weekend I came across on Medium an interesting list of more than thirty pages in which to learn new things. I liked the idea and I immediately thought that the concept could be useful to our readers, so I decided not to replicate the list, but to take the best of it and complement it with many other websites, so that today we can offer you the 55 best pages to learn something new. Feel free to suggest more for the list to grow.
11 WEBSITES to DOWNLOAD FREE EBOOKS for your KINDLE Engadget TV
Online courses in Spanish
- edX: One of the leading pages in terms of online training is concerned. In it we can take online courses at one of the best universities.
- Coursera: This is one of the most important free online course pages in the world.
- Udemy: This is another of the greats in the world of MOOCs. In it we can find all kinds of courses designed for real work life, and in both English and Spanish.
- UPV X: The Polytechnic University of Valencia has not wanted to be left behind with new technologies, and has also created its own catalog of online courses.
- Miríada X: Another powerful portal for online courses in Spanish, which focuses on offering courses from several dozen renowned universities, most of them Spanish but also some international.
- Google Activate yourself: Google could not be less, and it also has a small platform for online courses, among which those on programming and data analytics stand out.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Microsoft has its own virtual academy full of online courses, in which it pays special attention to those related to development.
- Course finders: But if you don’t feel like going one by one among all the courses, last April we listed a few search engines that will make it easier for you to find ways to train online.
Online courses in English
- Future Learn: Another powerful portal with courses of all kinds that is already about to reach the magical figure of two million registered.
- CreatiLive: Are you a creative person and want to improve your skills? On this page you will find specialized courses for photography, art, music and a long etcetera. Of course, the page is in English.
- Lynda.com: Lynda Weinman has succeeded as an entrepreneur thanks to her online course platform. As if this were not enough, the platform was recently acquired by LinkedIn, another example of its enormous quality. Of course, all its content is in English.
- Skillshare: Another online platform in which to train with courses that will help us improve all kinds of skills.
- Curious: If you are one of those who instead of taking notes you prefer to be attentive to the explanations of the teachers, this portal will help you learn based on online videos.
- Coursmos: A page specialized in microcourses, to allow us to learn with them whenever we want and from any device.
- Highbrow: Another page specialized in microcourses, in which after registering we will receive small courses in our mail every day, barely five minutes long.
- Code Academy: Possibly one of the most important pages to learn to program in the world. We will start programming from minute one, even to tell the web our name, and its content is available in Spanish.
- Programando.la: Another complete page where you can learn to program for free and in Spanish. It has a wide variety of themes and a good collection of videos.
- Aprendeaprogramar.com: A complete community in Spanish with several tutorials to learn to program, and a forum divided into languages with which you will receive the help of the rest of the community.
- I can program: A page that offers us two basic courses with which it will help the little ones to start in the world of programming.
- Code.org: An online platform to learn to program based on simple tutorials. It has a section in Spanish, but unfortunately without much content.
- Stuk.io: Another page that promises to teach us to learn from scratch, although unfortunately it is only available in English and Portuguese.
- Programmr: One of the most complete pages that we can access, and in which we will access an immense catalog with which we will learn to program in a large number of languages.
- Udacity: Another powerful page to learn to program supported by giants like Google or Microsoft, which are some of the many companies that recognize the value of their Nano-training degrees. Unfortunately it has no content in our language.
- Learnable: Another powerful page to learn to program, and another that does not support Spanish either.
- Code School: The best way to learn programming is by practicing, and that is the maxim of this online platform.
- Platzi: As if you were going to class, on this page you can receive streaming training on design, marketing and programming.
- Dash: A page specially aimed at teaching us everything we need to know to learn how to make attractive web pages.
- One Month: A page that will teach us to program web applications in a month.
- BaseRails: Learn Ruby on Rails and several other web languages through all kinds of projects designed for the real world.
- Treehouse: A page that will teach us to develop projects while we learn to program through exercises, and with which we will learn how to build from mobile applications to web pages.
- KeepCoding: This payment platform was created with the aim of being an online “training boutique”, focused on mobile development to form Full Stack Developers.
- Metriplica: A complete website with which we will learn all the secrets of web analytics in Spanish.
- Analytics Academy: It is in English, but Google offers us a learning portal with numerous courses aimed at analytics and the use of Google Analytics.
- SoyData.net: Data Science at your fingertips. A collaborative eLearning platform on everything related to data science in Spanish.
- DataCamp: A page to learn R through online tutorials and data science courses
- DataQuest: A complete page in which we will learn data science comfortably from our browser.
- DataMonkey: Page to learn SQL and data analysis interactively, with concrete examples and a total immersion in the work environment.
- Duolingo: Page for free language learning that, far from being limited to that, also functions as a crowdsourcing platform for text translations. As we learn a language we help translate pages. Present on all mobile platforms with applications for Android, iOS and Windows Phone
- Memrise: A page that seeks to teach us a language using memorization techniques through visual, auditory or any other type of elements during several short sessions.
- Busuu: It is a social network aimed at learning to speak, read and write in 12 languages. This platform motivates your students through badges, and allows them to practice what they have learned with social interactions.
- engVid: A free online platform where we can learn English through more than 900 video lessons.
- Lingualia: Another platform focused on teaching languages with the concepts of social networks, allowing us to speak with natives so that they teach us to better understand and understand their language.
- Babbel: Another powerful and well-known option that will allow us to learn 12 languages allowing us to test its system for free through courses for beginners, but which will then ask us to pay for our training.
Improve other skills
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid: This university has joined the OpenCourseWare movement to release all kinds of teaching material and make it available to everyone for free. They are not training courses and they do not offer any type of certificate, but we can find materials related to multiple subjects.
- Universitat de Valencia: They also have a program related to OpenCourseWare, and they put at our disposal different types of teaching materials.
- MIT OpenCourseWare: Massachusetts was one of the universities that started with the OpenCourseWare movement, so although it offers its material in English, it cannot be left out of our list.
- Sharing Academy: The platform for private classes between university students in which any university student can sign up and teach or learn any subject that they master or cost.
- Coneecta: It is a page in which we can contact by videoconferences with experts in the different subjects for which we need help. This is not a free service, as users will have to pay professionals in exchange for their services and teachings.
- Tasks Plus: Another interesting course page focused on offering a much closer format through videos.
- Khan Academy: It is a non-profit educational organization that offers us all kinds of courses with various themes.
- TED-Ed: A very popular and recognized online platform where we can learn different things through online videos in English.
- Peer 2 Peer University: The concept of P2P led to learning. A page where we can share our knowledge and learn from that of others through a system similar to that of online courses.
- Chess Academy: An authentic online academy, in English, but in which we can learn to play chess for free through videos, problem solving and online games.
- Squareknot: A curious page that proposes us to learn all kinds of things through didactic and visual step-by-step guides.
- Pianu: Would you like to learn to play the piano? This page helps you in the purest guitar hero style by suggesting songs that you will have to replicate from your keyboard.
- Yousician: Another page where if we know English we can learn to play the guitar.
- Freekampus: It is free but also 100% legal through Creative Commons licenses. On this platform, any user can share their knowledge by creating their own courses and learning from those of others.
- Learnist: Another powerful page in English where we can have courses to learn all kinds of subjects.
- Open Education Consortium: In this list we have mentioned several universities betting on the OpenCourseWare initiative, and this is the consortium that brings them all together. Includes a …