After months of waiting, and after Apple brought it to the Amazon Kindle Fire Stick TV, the company finally delivers its subscription streaming service to TVs and players with Android TV. At the moment on Google TV with Android TV, although it can be installed on other devices thanks to the APK.
Apple TV + was born in the fall of 2019 with a very limited catalog of content produced directly by the company. After a year and a half in a good part of territories it cannot be said that the catalog has grown much, but there is no doubt that what there is has good quality. So why limit it to Apple devices? TV + is on televisions, also on Amazon’s Kindle Fire Stick TVs. And now it comes to Android TV.
Apple TV + series and movies directly on Android TV
With the jump of platform, owners of an Android TV who are subscribed to Apple TV + have more options to play the series and movies of the platform on their TV: Google has officially announced the compatibility of Android TV with Apple TV +. At the moment in the Chromecast with Google TV, a limitation that can be overcome with relative ease.
We have been testing Apple TV + on our Nvidia Shield TV with Android TV and the result has been satisfactory: the platform not only displays perfectly, but also Playback is on par with any other device (Not in all the chapters it has worked for us). Of course, it is likely that on other Android TVs it will not work correctly. Everything will depend on the device.
To install Apple TV + on your Android TV you must do the following:
- Download the latest Apple TV + APK from Apk Combo. The file is original from Google Play and is clean.
- Install the Send files to TV app on your TV (or player) with Android TV and on your mobile. It’s on Google Play.
- Install a file manager on your Android TV. We usually recommend File Commander, although almost any other is worth while accessing the package installer (most of them).
- Open Send files to TV on TV and also on mobile. Follow the steps to access the main screen with the ‘Send’ and ‘Receive’ in large letters.
- Press the ‘Send’ of the mobile and look for the Apple TV + file in APK. Then select your Android TV.
- The file will have been sent to your TV or player: by default it will be stored in the ‘Downloads’ folder (‘Downloads’).
- How to Send files to TV can’t install APKs, you have to open the file manager.
- Find the downloads folder, click on the received APK, accept the installation from unknown sources and install Apple TV +.
Once you have it installed, all you have to do is open Apple TV + and log in with your Apple account. Since it is a subscription platform, to see any chapter or movie you need to have previously subscribed. In addition, from Apple TV + you can access all the multimedia content (movies, series and documentaries) that you have purchased in the Apple store.