With the growth of communications between users via the Internet, the standard is increasingly used PDF (Portable Document Format) from Adobe Systems to transmit information. The format PDF It was created in 1991 and after more than 20 years of existence it is still one of the favorite containers for documents.
One of the simplest formulas to create documents PDF from any program, it is through the use of virtual printers. In this article I am going to tell you about three programs that emulate a printer whose output format is a document PDF. They are known, free and in Spanish: doPDF, pdfcreator Y BullZip PDF Printer.
Like the other products reviewed in this article, doPDF used to create documents PDF emulating a virtual printer. This software works on Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, 2000 Server (32 and 64-bit).
Once the application is installed, it will appear in the “Printers and Faxes” list and also in the “All Programs” list. In addition to using the program as a virtual printer, can be run directly from the “Start” menu and convert documents to the PDF, following the wizard provided by the application. doPDF is a software free for both private and commercial use. The download size of the latest stable version is 4.05 MB.
doPDF, main features
- Predefined page sizes (A4, A5, A6, Letter, Legal, Executive, Envelope DL / C5 / B5 / Monarch / # 10).
- Adjustable page sizes in case we need sizes other than the predefined ones.
- Different units of measurement (millimeters, inches, or points).
- Graphic resolution adjustable between 72 and 2,400 dpi.
- Adjustable graphic scale (from 1% of the original size to 400%).
- Page orientation (landscape or portrait) with preview.
- It assumes the fonts of the original document.
- Supports more than 400 types of documents.
Video: doPDF Installation and Usage Guide
Web | Download
Video | Youtube
Of the three products reviewed in this article, pdfcreator is the only one open source app. It is very simple to use and powerful when you are faced with complex and lengthy documents.
The download size of the latest stable version is 17 MB. The project is quite active and pdfcreator is frequently renewed. File for language customization requires separate download. It works on computers with Windows operating system.
pdfcreator, main features
- Create documents PDF from virtually any program that has the ability to print.
- Allows direct email delivery of the file PDF generated.
- Allows you to add a digital signature to the document.
- The resulting documents can be encrypted with different options to allow read-only, printing, modification, etc.
- Automatic saving of documents according to different criteria.
- Allows installation as a network print server.
Web | Download
BullZip PDF Printer
BullZip PDF Printer is an application for the Microsoft Windows operating system (2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 and Windows 7), with support for 64-bit versions. BullZip PDF Printer is a product freeware with limitations, which means that it’s free for personal and commercial use up to 10 users. It does not contain any advertisements or pop-ups.
BullZip PDF Printer, main features
- Print on PDF from almost any Windows program.
- Graphical user interface.
- The PDF The results can be password protected with 40- and 128-bit encryption.
- Various quality settings (screen, printer, ebook, pre-print).
- Allows you to add content to the file PDF and define the document properties.
- You can set a background for the document.
- It has a command line interface for all configurations.
- Support for Windows Terminal Server.
- Various types of supported output: BMP, Jpeg, PCX, PDF, PNG Y Tiff.
You can check the full list of features on the manufacturer’s website. The download size of the latest stable version is 4.5 MB.
Web | Download
Virtual printers PDF, conclusions
This article is not intended to be exhaustive and try to answer a query Asked by thefourlinestar. The choice of programs, in addition to being free and the Spanish language, revolves around the degree of difficulty of use and benefits offered from least to greatest.
All three fulfill the function of creating documents PDF Y They are a sample of what we can find on the Internet. I use all three programs and some more, depending on the nature of the job to be printed. If I have to opt for one, I would do it for pdfcreator, for being in the middle term difficulty / benefits and because it is open source, which is more of a personal sympathy than an objective criterion.
Image | Pasukaru76